Friday 18 March 2016

Nigerians Should Be Patient With Buhari; change comes with time – Alao-Akala


Former Oyo State Governor, Adebayo Alao-
Akala, has expressed hope that the many
challenges currently facing the nation would
soon be over. Alao-Akala said this on Friday while
fielding questions from newsmen at the All
Progressives Congress (APC) national secretariat
in Abuja.

The ex-governor said the change Nigerians were
waiting for won’t happen over night.
He said: “the change agenda has already started.
It has not been business as usual; things have
started changing.
“I know it’s purely for good purpose by the grace
of God. When you are just coming on board, you
will have challenges here and there, but sooner
than later, you will get over it.’’
The former stalwart of Peoples Democratic Party
said that he defected to APC because he was
satisfied with its modus-operandi, and advised
Nigerians to be patient for desired change.

“If I’m not satisfied, I will not join the APC; I have
a choice. I’m in the APC because I’m satisfied with
the change, so I’m okay
“As regards my advice to ordinary Nigerians which
I am one, they should take it easy. Things will
soon turn around; change comes with time.

“When you want to make a change, it doesn’t
happen suddenly; it has to be gradual.

“We have started seeing it; I know we will get
there by the grace of God,’’ he said.

The former governor advised those threatened by
his crossing over to APC not to fear, saying “It’s
always like that in politics but there is nothing to
fear.

“We are all the same; you cannot isolate yourself
in a particular party, nobody should be afraid of
anybody. We complement one another.’’

NAN

0 comments: