Wednesday 22 November 2017

I will not allow any foreigner to become Governor, I may hand over to Gboyega Isiaka, others - Amosun

I will not allow any foreigner to become Governor, I may hand over to  Gboyega Isiaka, others - Amosun

Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun on Wednesday vowed that no ‘foreigner’ would emerge as the next governor of the state in 2019.
The governor vowed that he would use resources at his disposal to frustrate any effort to hijack the state by outsiders.

Governor Amosun who spoke at a meeting with members of Ogun West Elders Council and Yewa Think-Tank, held at the Governor’s Office, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta said Ogun State had been held under the siege of the outsider.

Amosun said Gboyega Nasiru Isiaka, Hon. Oladipupo Adebutu and Rotimi Paseda as true indigenes of the state whose roots can be ascertained and eligible to contest if it were their turn.

“My decision to support Ogun West to produce the next governor is a covenant between me and my God. If 1,100 aspirants spring from Ogun West, it is their turn. But I won’t allow any ‘Atohunrinwa’ to emerge as governor under my watch.

“I have witnessed at close range, the havoc wrecked by a ‘foreigner’ (Gbenga Daniel) who served as a governor in this state, therefore, I will use all resources at my disposal to prevent that from happening.

“It is even insulting to have a non-indigene at the helm of affairs in our state when there are competent and capable true sons and daughters of Ogun State. GNI is a son of the soil, Adebutu, we all know him, even Paseda. For Jimi Lawal, he is ‘tokeoyabo’ (notherner) and Senator Olorunnibe Mamora, has even played everything in politics in Lagos, so they should give chance to the real Ogun State based aspirants.

“I am even sure that the ‘foreigner’ will not come eventually because when they come, Ogun will be too hot for them. In my mind, I know my choice, but I want to assure you that, that person will surely be one of your true sons”. Amosun emphasized.

0 comments: